Vinothkumar Rajan flew to Nova Scotia from his home town, Chennai (India) to be a part of the Berman Laboratory. He completed his Bachelors of Technology (Biotechnology) from Anna University, India.
Vinothkumar began as a Masters candidate in September 2012 in the department of Microbiology & Immunology, Dalhousie University. His research project involves developing novel assays both cell and zebrafish-based.
Apart from research Vinothkumar also attempts to keep himself energetic by playing badminton.
- Prykhozhij S.V., Rajan V**, and Berman J.N. “A Guide to Computational Tools and Design Strategies for Genome Editing Experiments in Zebrafish Using CRISPR/Cas9.” Zebrafish (2015).
- Deveau A.P., Forrester A.M, Coombs A.J., Wagner G.S., Grabher C., Chute I.C., Leger D., Mingay M., Alexe G., Rajan V*., Liwski R., Hirst M., Steigmaier K, Lewis S.M., Look A.T., Berman J.N. “Epigenetic therapy restores normal hematopoiesis in a zebrafish model of NUP98-HOXA9-induced myeloid disease.” Leukemia (2015).
- Prykhozhij S.V., Rajan V*, Gaston D, and Berman J.N. “CRISPR MultiTargeter: A Web Tool to Find Common and Unique CRISPR Single Guide RNA Targets in a Set of Similar Sequences.” PloS one 10, no. 3 (2015).
- Rajan V*, Ceasar S.A, Amalraj D, “Chemosupressive effect of plumbagin in human non small cell lung cancer xenotransplanted into zebrafish”, Indian Journal of Cancer, (2014) -In press
- Rajan V*, Dellaire G and Berman J.N. “Modeling leukemogenesis in the zebrafish using genetic and xenograft models.” Methods in Molecular Biology (2015)- In press